Music Together West Twin Cities Center Policy
Welcome to Music Together® classes! We’re glad you’ve chosen to spend this quality time with your child, having fun together and learning about music development in a relaxed, participatory experience. Below are a few things you need to know, and a few thoughts I wish to share with you that will make your time in class more enjoyable.
1. Before the second class, please read pages 5-8 in your songbook. You will find valuable information that enhances your experience in music class.
2. Please come to class 5-10 minutes before the actual start time so that we may begin on time. You and your child need some time to visit with parents and transition to class. When we sing the ‘Hello Song’ we are engaged with our children and use our singing voices. Many teachers teach 2 or 3 classes in a row, so we need to keep on schedule out of consideration for all of our families. This includes ending the classes on time as well.
3. Model respect for your teacher, children and classmates by engaging musically with your child during class. Our experience is that classes with focused and attentive parents are the classes with the most focused and attentive children. Likewise, if the grownups in class are chatting, the teacher, children, and other parents find it difficult to focus on music-making. Think of this time as music immersion. Please save your talking for before and after class, not during. Please turn off cell phones or set on vibrate unless emergency.
4. You are the real teacher and equally important in this class as your children. We really hope you enjoy this time as much as your child does. Let us know if you have any concerns about the class or about your child’s response. We listen and welcome your input.
5. Please keep sick children at home, as much as we hate to not have them with us. Your child must be fever-free without use of Tylenol for 24 hours before returning to class. Please wait 24 hours if child has vomited, had diarrhea, runny nose other than clear mucus, seems lethargic, or has been exposed to something you’re concerned about. We need to be super-vigilant regarding disinfecting instruments and using hand sanitizers in the classroom. If you have concerns about your child using the instruments, you may bring your own set from home.
6. Your teacher may call if there is an emergency situation. If the teacher is sick, he/she will generally make arrangements for a substitute teacher for that class. If there is a weather-related cancellation, we will post on our website, voicemail message and send an email.
7. The parent assumes all safety and behavioral responsibility at all times for your child. Please be attentive to them. Children must be directly supervised outside of the classroom at all times. If your child is distressed during class, please take them to a quiet place and give them time to calm down and return to class. Please be considerate to others in the building as well by entering and exiting as quietly as possible.
8. We allow two make-up classes per session. We use an automated online make-up scheduler. Not all classes have availability. Access our website at www.mtwtc.com/ and find 'Schedule a Make-Up'. We ask that you schedule before 5PM the previous day to allow time for the teacher to be notified. Make-ups are first come, first serve. If you need more than two make-ups, please call Angela at 763-529-2240. Classes cannot be refunded or used in another session.
9. No food or drinks are allowed in the classrooms. Diaper changing is allowed only in the restrooms only. We discourage bringing toys to class, as this becomes a distraction for other children.
10. All children who are not fully potty-trained must wear diapers or training pants in class. This is necessary for sanitary safety and compliance with our leasing agreements at our various locations.